Repost from the Nextmark.com blog.
Original blog post here by clicking here.
“AsÂ reported in DM News, Bruce Biegel of theÂ Winterberry GroupÂ gave theÂ Direct Marketing Club of New YorkÂ a recap of 2010 and his forecast for 2011 for direct and digital advertising spending.”
“Some highlights from 2010”:
- Direct / Digital ad spending was up 2.7% in 2010 vs. 2009 to $154.4 billion
- Digital was $27.7 billion in 2010 comprising 18% of total
- Online display spending grew 10.7% year over year“Highlights looking forward to 2011”:
- Direct / Digital ad spending predicted to be up 6.2% in 2011 vs. 2010 to $163.9 billion
- Direct mail is expected to grow 5.8% to 47.8 billion â€“ direct mail â€œstill really works well for acquisition because itâ€™s easier to target [than other channels].â€
- Digital as an acquisition tool is still finding its way